Gifts from our friends and alumni help support a variety of research and educational programs in CWRU Astronomy. Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. For example:
- $25: buys a new glow tube for showing astronomy students how elements have unique spectral fingerprints.
- $50: helps a student develop a research poster for use in scientific conferences.
- $100: allows us to take a class to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s Shaffran Planetarium.
- $500: supports a visiting astronomer to come to CWRU and share new research with faculty and students.
- $1000: covers expenses for a graduate student to go observing at the Burrell Schmidt in Arizona.
- $2500: provides a research computer to support a graduate thesis project.
Larger amounts help support research stipends for graduate students, fund the operations of the observatory, sponsor public outreach programs, and more.
You can contribute using the university’s online giving page — be sure to note in the special instructions that you want your gift to support programs in the Department of Astronomy. Or for more complex situations, please feel free to contact Professor Stacy McGaugh, Astronomy Deptartment Chair, who would be happy to discuss your situation and ways you can help.
We thank you for your support!