Help support CWRU Astronomy!
Gifts from our friends and alumni help support a variety of research and educational programs in CWRU Astronomy. Contributions of any amount are greatly appreciated. For example:
- $25: buys a new glow tube for showing astronomy students how elements have unique spectral fingerprints.
- $50: helps a student develop a research poster for use in scientific conferences.
- $100: allows us to take a class to the Cleveland Museum of Natural History’s Shaffran Planetarium.
- $500: supports a visiting astronomer to come to CWRU and share new research with faculty and students.
- $1000: covers expenses for a graduate student to go observing at the Burrell Schmidt in Arizona.
- $2500: provides a research computer to support a graduate thesis project.
Larger amounts help support research stipends for graduate students, fund the operations of the observatory, sponsor public outreach programs, and more.
You can contribute today using the university’s secure website at giving.cwru.edu/astronomy, or instead you can mail your contribution to:
College of Arts and Sciences
Case Western Reserve University
10900 Euclid Avenue
Cleveland, Ohio 44106-7068
Please be sure to include instructions, such as “Department of Astronomy,” so that your gift is properly allocated.
For more complex situations, please feel free to contact Professor Stacy McGaugh, who would be happy to discuss your situation and ways you can help.
We thank you for your support!